- Think about the kind of person she (or he) is and how they would like to be proposed to.
- Get a "Wilshi" - The Proposal Ring®" that suits your partner's personality.
- If she is an old fashioned girl, follow tradition and ask her father first. He’s bound to be the same, and if you’re going to get along with him for the rest of his life, it will pay dividends later.
- Have a Plan B. If you are planning an outdoor proposal its important to have a backup idea if the weather turns foul. In fact any marriage proposal needs an alternative strategy. No matter how careful you have been, something can easily go wrong.
- Remember that your proposal will be a lasting memory for both of you, do some preparation, your soon-to-be fiancé will love you for it.
- Ask the advice of unreliable mates.
- Do it publicly unless you really know "Yes" will be the answer.
- Spend up on an engagement ring design that you are not confident she will like.
- Decide that a good time is late on Friday night when you’ve just beaten your old rugby mates in a drinking game.
- Ask her (or his) best friend what they think. Everyone is different and they may have a completely contrary idea of what’s romantic